Bukefalos 28 år!

Träna engelskan?

I don't think so, as long as we understand each other I think it's fine. For now we're just discussing how the current day have been etc. If you have a more interesting topic to discuss feel free to bring it on. :)
I have to do some hobby hm chores. (sewing and painting :) tonight), I'll be back.

I totally love the english language, so count me in! I was a really good english speaker when I travelled around Europe, and I am still, but the writing... I need this thread. I also miss to have friends to talk to in english. In my case it is very appreciated (?) if someone want to correct me, but it will be fun just to discuss!

And now I feel so embarrassed about my writitng. I think I will stick to romanian. Much better. Or not. :o

By the way, beginning and ending an e-mail or a letter is much easier in english. Normally I have no problem at all to write in swedish, but those beginnings and endings... I always struggle.

I do believe you would have benefited from an extra wee dram at the beginning of the tour to facilitate the understanding.

My former colleague is a Scotsman with a rather understandable English, except from when he is upset and/or angry. His accent gets very heavy then![/
year
My husband spent a couple
Allow me to quote the dean of the university during my first ever university lecture here in Glasgow: "I can understand this must be very daunting for you. Here you are, in a new country, a new city, and NOBODY speaks English!" :D

I live in Glasgow and my boyfriend is from Helensburgh by the way, @hastflicka. He's okay when he doesn't speak ;) :D

That is Scotland for you.

My husband spent two years at Leuchars air force base near St Andrews as part of his air force duty service. He lived at the base to begin with but after six month he answered an add in a newspaper about a room to rent in the city. He introduced himself, name, rank and nationality (Norwegian). The old lady smiled and said I love Norwegians, I had some lovely lads staying here during the war. She showed a room where somebody obviously stayed and he asked when that person were leaving. I am throwing him out today, I prefer to have a Norwegian to a bloody foreigner. My husband asked where he came from and she said with a frown England. No love lost between Scotland and England.:(

Oh the chores, reminds me I still have to do them, I'm not so tempted to do so.... :wtf:
It went badly unfortunately, at it again tonight. I totally hate vliseofix (brand name?), I discovered today, before this I just suspected it was horrible and avoided it.

Everything I write is underlined in red, poor me.

It went badly unfortunately, at it again tonight. I totally hate vliseofix (brand name?), I discovered today, before this I just suspected it was horrible and avoided it.

Change the language on the spell-check in the web-browser:idea:
However, if you do so - all you then write in Swedish will have a red underline:D

Ah, well sometimes they're a real pain in the ass to do. There's a reason I don't like 'em, but it has to be done and they'll always come back too.

Hörrni, engelskanördar! Hur skulle ni översätta "Han lär vara rik, men han klär sig himla fult" till engelska?

Ordet jag är mest intresserad av i meningen är "lär".

taggar @Anna för att lura in henne hit också :)

I just totally forgot about it, but I did came to think about it while I was sitting in Romania for three weeks, staring through the window, and thinking about my poor english.
Yea, I think one need to practise to keep it good, so to speak. I remember when I only used English, I lost my Swedish and kept stuggling with words, but now I use kinda both to not get left behind again, though it can always be better. :p

Yea, I think one need to practise to keep it good, so to speak. I remember when I only used English, I lost my Swedish and kept stuggling with words, but now I use kinda both to not get left behind again, though it can always be better. :p

I went to Brasov just last week, on a small vacation away from the in-laws, and met an englishman who asked me something about the town. Wow, I really stumbled over the words and couldn´t pronounce anything properly. I was almost fluent only a couple of years ago! I would really like an e-mail friend or something like that, so I could at least write some english on a regular basis. Well, I guess discussing on an internet forum is as good as anything!

I went to Brasov just last week, on a small vacation away from the in-laws, and met an englishman who asked me something about the town. Wow, I really stumbled over the words and couldn´t pronounce anything properly. I was almost fluent only a couple of years ago! I would really like an e-mail friend or something like that, so I could at least write some english on a regular basis. Well, I guess discussing on an internet forum is as good as anything!
Yeah, better than nothing at least. Practise makes perfect.
I need to practise my English speak, cause it's terrible. I can write fine and be understood, but when it comes to talking it's mostly like "Some guys... ah... errr... yeah... walked" and so forth.

Brrr, it's crazy cold here now, I know it's not as cold as other parts of the country, but for it to be here, it's cold. The winter has finally arrived and I already wish the summer can come faster, hahaha. :p

Brrr, it's crazy cold here now, I know it's not as cold as other parts of the country, but for it to be here, it's cold. The winter has finally arrived and I already wish the summer can come faster, hahaha. :p

I arrived yesterday to southern sweden, and I´m already cold! Tomorrow it´s time for me to get on the train and head back to the north, I´v heard it has been -25... Don´t know if I like it, really...

Liknande trådar

IT & mobiler Jag går en kurs i att skriva manus för film och TV. Det program som används heter Final Draft kostar ca 2000 SEK för PC och 150 för...
Svar
· Visningar
Senast: Myrten
·
Kultur Här kommer ett rykande färskt bokbingo att påbörjas i juni. Boken måste vara avslutad inom perioden. För dig som eventuellt inte varit...
2 3
Svar
· Visningar
1 124
Senast: MiaMia
·
Hundträning Jag vill bli bättre på shejping så tänkte ta tag i det genom att träna trix som inte har med tävling att göra. Bara ha roligt och...
Svar
· Visningar
Senast: Krumben
·
Tjatter LL: @bollen__ och @Islandshästryttare Deltagarlista: 1. Heffaklumpen 2. Harrysen 3. Blacksmithfarm 4. Kilauea 5. qitis 6. cirkus 7...
42 43 44
Svar
· Visningar
12 458
Senast: Gabby_Ossi
·

Bukefalos, Hästnyheter, Radannonser

Allmänt, Barn, Dagbok

Hund, Katt, Andra Djur

Hästrelaterat

Omröstningar

• Stänger du toalettlocket?