Träna engelskan?

Popcorn is quite healthy!!! I've heard about that too
I've heard it's healthy unless you pour tons of salt on it, I usually have a bit salt on them. I don't like the taste as much with no salt.
Butter is also yummy, I recall we ate with some special butter, it was something tropical and those popcorn was delicious, now I can't remember what it was, but oh man.

I've heard it's healthy unless you pour tons of salt on it, I usually have a bit salt on them. I don't like the taste as much with no salt.
Butter is also yummy, I recall we ate with some special butter, it was something tropical and those popcorn was delicious, now I can't remember what it was, but oh man.
And that's like EXACTLY what I've heard as well

it must be true then :D I don't know if I have any sweets :nailbiting: 'sake I don't feel like going out to get anything oh well I'll just........ drink water?? :meh:

And that's like EXACTLY what I've heard as well

it must be true then :D I don't know if I have any sweets :nailbiting: 'sake I don't feel like going out to get anything oh well I'll just........ drink water?? :meh:
Perhaps tea, milk, lemonade? Depending on what you have at home? I'm drinking some orange lemonade and eating popcorn. :p

I haven't read the whole thread so I'll jump right in!

In two weeks I start writing my thesis in English didactics! (I graduate as a middle school teacher in Jan 2017) And we get to choose if we want to write it in Swedish or English.. I'd prefer writing it in Swedish since it is much simpler but my teachers are all English - my mentor is American and I will probably get either an Irish or Jamaican examinator, and even though we get to choose it's implied that we write it in English.. And my written English isn't that great. My spoken English is fine since I lived in England for a while a few years back. But to write a whole thesis, an academic one, correctly and without pulling all of my hair out..? I'm not sure. What do you think? Anyone in here who has done extensive academic work in English? (someone who isn't native and doesn't study abroad..)

In two weeks I start writing my thesis in English didactics! (I graduate as a middle school teacher in Jan 2017) And we get to choose if we want to write it in Swedish or English.. I'd prefer writing it in Swedish since it is much simpler but my teachers are all English - my mentor is American and I will probably get either an Irish or Jamaican examinator, and even though we get to choose it's implied that we write it in English.. And my written English isn't that great. My spoken English is fine since I lived in England for a while a few years back. But to write a whole thesis, an academic one, correctly and without pulling all of my hair out..? I'm not sure. What do you think? Anyone in here who has done extensive academic work in English? (someone who isn't native and doesn't study abroad..)
I've done it. Isn't most of your literature in English, anyway?

I've done it. Isn't most of your literature in English, anyway?

No, we get to choose whichever literature we want, no matter the language. And during the programme we've only had a handful of English articles as course literature. I'll probably look for English studies and literature for the most part since there's probably more published on my subject of interest in English. But to write in English..? I'm a pretty skilled (academic) writer in Swedish and it is a bit of a blow to my pride that I can't express myself in the same way in English..
How did you find it? To do academic work
In English, I mean.

@RedHyuuga Vilken jättebra och trevlig idé!

@Monstermom . Pero si hay alguien que quiere practicar su español - avísame y podemas hablar un poco :D.
Oj, vad stolt jag blir att jag förstår det du skriver här!
2 ABF-kurser i spanska för många år sen, resultatet blev att jag kan förstå en del enklare konversation, men inte alls tala (blandar också gärna ihop det med franskan som jag lästa i skolan i 6 år).

This reminds me of our trip to London when I was 19. We went to Wembley Arena to see INXS and before the concert we were going to buy some popcorn. The girl behind the counter asked us "Sugar or salt?" My friend tried the ones with sugar, but I thought it tasted really strange. I prefer salt!

This is the thread for me :) I will come back when I' ve got some sleep.
I can't get the words out. So my language is horrible.
Please help I need to improve fast.

This reminds me of our trip to London when I was 19. We went to Wembley Arena to see INXS and before the concert we were going to buy some popcorn. The girl behind the counter asked us "Sugar or salt?" My friend tried the ones with sugar, but I thought it tasted really strange. I prefer salt!
Yeah, I've heard about sugar too, but I think that would taste weird and kinda too sweet. Butter is fine, but sugar? Naah, I don't think that's something for me. I prefer my salt, haha. :p

I have never been to Great Brittain, but I want to! I just have to wait until we have a normal income, if it will ever happen... But Romania is nice as well.

I have never been to Great Brittain, but I want to! I just have to wait until we have a normal income, if it will ever happen... But Romania is nice as well.
I've been to Ireland, but I would love to go to England as well, like Scotland. I'm more for the countryside than the citites I think.
I also want to go to Iceland someday. If it wouldn't take so much time to fly, I would also like to go to New Zeeland and Japan, but the travel time doesn't feel encouraging. 10 hours flight time when we went to China was pretty awful, so I'm not super excited to do it again.

I've been to Ireland, but I would love to go to England as well, like Scotland. I'm more for the countryside than the citites I think.
I also want to go to Iceland someday. If it wouldn't take so much time to fly, I would also like to go to New Zeeland and Japan, but the travel time doesn't feel encouraging. 10 hours flight time when we went to China was pretty awful, so I'm not super excited to do it again.

I agree on that the long flights are awful. I hate flying, not that I´m afraid but I just hate sitting there in that thing high up in the air. Okey, maybe I´m a little bit afraid. Anyway, countryside is the thing for me as well, I would love to visit Ireland and Scotland, but the english countryside would be interesting as well. I like history and culture, so I would enjoy the cities as well. See some historical sites and monuments, maybe some cool architecture.

Right now me and my boyfriend have to decide were we should go when we visit Romania and his parents. I want some kind of vacation as well, not just at home. Can´t decide if I want a hike in the mountains or a couple of days in a city at the black sea. Hard decisions.

I agree on that the long flights are awful. I hate flying, not that I´m afraid but I just hate sitting there in that thing high up in the air. Okey, maybe I´m a little bit afraid. Anyway, countryside is the thing for me as well, I would love to visit Ireland and Scotland, but the english countryside would be interesting as well. I like history and culture, so I would enjoy the cities as well. See some historical sites and monuments, maybe some cool architecture.

Right now me and my boyfriend have to decide were we should go when we visit Romania and his parents. I want some kind of vacation as well, not just at home. Can´t decide if I want a hike in the mountains or a couple of days in a city at the black sea. Hard decisions.
I think I'm a bit scared, but the most awful thing for me was that I couldn't even sleep to make the journey go faster and that was, not fun at all.

Sounds fun with vacation trip to Romania, I can't even afford to leave the country as it is right now. :p

I'd write it in English. If nothing else it is good to get out of your comfort zone and push yourself a bit.

If you have a good professor or someone that can read through the draft versions and give feedback you'll learn a lot. Ensure that you hand in draft versions well ahead of time so that you have time to do corrections, don't just press the accept button for corrections either! Read through the comments and ensure you understand where they come from and why the suggested change is appropriate, otherwise you don't learn and keep repeating the same mistakes.

I haven't written any of my work in Swedish, not even during the masters in Sweden so I'd struggle in Swedish instead! It would not have been advantageous to my career to write in Swedish though.

(blandar också gärna ihop det med franskan som jag lästa i skolan i 6 år).
Ja, det där är ju himla knepigt! När jag flyttade till Spanien fick jag kämpa för att få ur mig nåt annat än franska, hjärnan ville liksom gräva fram den så fort nån pratar med mig. Nu är det tvärtom - förra året skulle jag prata franska och det bara slutade i "sí, sí, está là-bas" :crazy:.

In aproximately two week I will do a writing test in both swedish and english for a job I applied for. In english there will be a descpriptive text and in swedish an informative text. But I haven't used my writing skills in a long long time. So please give me tips and trix :)

In aproximately two week I will do a writing test in both swedish and english for a job I applied for. In english there will be a descpriptive text and in swedish an informative text. But I haven't used my writing skills in a long long time. So please give me tips and trix :)
Well, in English, the first character will always be in upper case for languages. The same for weekdays and months (i.e. Sunday, January)

Liknande trådar

IT & mobiler Jag går en kurs i att skriva manus för film och TV. Det program som används heter Final Draft kostar ca 2000 SEK för PC och 150 för...
Svar
· Visningar
Senast: Myrten
·
Hundträning Jag vill bli bättre på shejping så tänkte ta tag i det genom att träna trix som inte har med tävling att göra. Bara ha roligt och...
Svar
· Visningar
Senast: Krumben
·
Tjatter LL: @bollen__ och @Islandshästryttare Deltagarlista: 1. Heffaklumpen 2. Harrysen 3. Blacksmithfarm 4. Kilauea 5. qitis 6. cirkus 7...
42 43 44
Svar
· Visningar
10 819
Senast: Gabby_Ossi
·
Kropp & Själ Jag väljer att skriva det här inlägget här, då jag trots allt är lite "halvanonym" här. I alla fall så till vida att jag inte är öppen...
2 3 4
Svar
· Visningar
3 825

Bukefalos, Hästnyheter, Radannonser

Allmänt, Barn, Dagbok

Hund, Katt, Andra Djur

Hästrelaterat

Omröstningar

Tillbaka